Alphatech5
 

Recharged Japan Solar PV Industry Hits 10 GW of Installed Capacity

 

Google+


 

alternative energy_japan solar 10GW_sept_2013

Solar photovoltaic (PV) installations in Japan have now reached the 10 gigawatts (GW) milestone for cumulative PV capacity. Japan is only the fifth country to reach this mark, after Germany, Italy, China and the U.S. Both the U.S. and China reached 10 GW of solar PV within the past few months, according to new research featured in the NPD Solarbuzz Asia Pacific PV Market Quarterly Report.

Reaching 10 GW in August 2013
In July 2012, the federal government launched a feed-in tariff (FIT) program to accelerate the deployment of large-scale renewable technologies. This has been instrumental in Japan’s PV market growing rapidly over the past 12 months, and becoming only the fourth country to break the 10 GW mark.

  • Cumulative solar PV installed in Japan broke through the 10 GW barrier during August 2013 and exceeded 10.5 GW at the end of August.
  • Until the end of 2012, the Japanese PV market had been heavily weighted towards the rooftop segment, with 97 percent of PV capacity.
  • During the first eight months of 2013, the ground-mount segment has accounted for 27 percent of new solar PV capacity installed.
  • Over the first three quarters of calendar year 2013, Japan is forecast to install more PV capacity than during the entire three-year period spanning 2010 to 2012.
  • At the end of August 2013, rooftop solar PV installations remain the dominant type of PV installations by project number and by MW volume, with 89% of market share by capacity. The remaining 11 percent  is spread across the ground-mount and off-grid segments.

Cheers - Allan Barker

September 17th 2013

Google 

 


linkein button YouTube button Twitter button Facebook button Delicous button Google Plus button